One of the new, innovative programs we are starting this year at Clermont Middle School is a mentoring program between our band program and the bands at Lake Minneola HS and South Lake HS. Students from these fine bands that are alumni of the CLMS Band are eligible to volunteer and serve as mentors and models for our beginning band students. Through this program, our young musicians benefit from the added coaching of the high school band members and the high school band members will receive Community Service Hours for their time served as a mentor.
Interested high school band students who wish to participate as a mentor need to complete the following steps:
1) Complete the Lake County Volunteer Application Process. Click this link to begin the application.
Make sure you create an account and then click the “My Application” link in the upper left corner of the page to complete the application.
2) Complete the Clermont Middle School Band Volunteer Application. Once you complete this document, email it to Mr. Venezio along with confirmation that you completed the LCSB Application.
3) Mr. Venezio will email you the Parental Consent Form. You need to complete this, have your parent sign it and return it to Mrs. Rahaman (CLMS School Secretary) in the Front Office or to Mr. Venezio.
4) Mr. Venezio will email you and notify you of your approval. Once approved, you can begin to volunteer. You will be issued an official badge from the CLMS Music Department to show at the Front Desk upon your arrival.
5) Keep track of the dates and hours you work and submit them monthly to Mr. Venezio for credit.